Last modified: July 26, 2023
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites, www.cliniciansbrief.com, www.plumbs.com, app.plumbs.com, www.vetmedux.com, and any other website that links to this Policy (collectively, the “Websites”), or when you download, install, register with, access, or use any Plumb’s mobile application (the “App”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Websites.
- Through the App.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and VetMedux.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or mobile application operated by us or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including third party advertising, seminars or presentations) that may link to or be accessible from the Websites or App.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Websites and App are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Websites or App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Websites or App. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Websites and App, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Websites or App, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Websites or App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Websites or App may include:
- Information you provide to us while using the Websites or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Websites or App, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Websites or App.
- While we do not directly collect your payment information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date), we do use a third party service provider to process payments in connection with the services. Our payment processor will collect your payment information in connection with your purchases.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites or App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Websites or App.
- Your search queries on the Websites or App.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Websites or App, or transmitted to other users of the Websites or App, or transmitted to third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites or App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Websites or App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Websites and use of our App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites or App.
- Information related to your use of the Websites and App, including actions you take in your account. We may also collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Websites and App, including how many individuals visit a specific page on the Websites or App, how long a visitor stays on such page, and the hyperlinks visitors click.
- Information from and about the devices you use to access the Websites and App, such as information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection (including your IP address, MAC address, operating system, and browser type), the web page you visited before coming to Websites or App, and other identifiers associated with your devices.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the section entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To administer, promote, and provide the Websites and App to you.
- To personalize content on the Websites and App for you.
- To enable your use of the Websites and App.
- To improve, modify, and enhance the Websites and App.
- To protect the Websites and App, as well as other users of the Websites and App.
- To detect abuse in the use of the Websites and App and to identify and troubleshoot any bugs or other issues with the Websites and App.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your orders, including notices about the expiration and renewal of your accounts and subscriptions.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Websites and App, or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To conduct internal business analysis of VetMedux or its affiliates, or any other business purposes.
- To send you communications, including marketing communications and updates regarding your orders.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Websites or App.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you and deliver advertisements about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at email@example.com. For more information, see the section entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences, which may include you or other users of the Websites and App. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, specific content on the Websites or meet demographic criteria, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Finally, we may use the information we collect to create aggregate information that does not identify any individual (“Aggregated Information”). We may use this Aggregated Information for research, analytics, improving our Websites and App and for any other legally permissible purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Aggregated Information about our users and any other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and to help us provide, improve, protect, and promote the Websites and App (for example, providers of customer support and IT services, our payment processor, third parties that assist us in our marketing efforts, etc.).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information about the Website/App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Acceptable Use Policies (Clinician’s Brief AuP, Plumb’s AuP) https://www.cliniciansbrief.com/acceptable-use-policy https://plumbs.com/acceptable-use-policy and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- When we have your permission to do so or where the disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the information was obtained.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company and Others. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. Please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.com for additional information regarding such rights and how to exercise them.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
In some circumstances, the Websites and App may provide you with the ability to review and change your information by logging in and visiting your account profile page. If you delete your User Contributions from the Website or App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website or App users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Websites and App, including User Contributions, is governed by our acceptable use policies: https://www.cliniciansbrief.com/acceptable-use-policy https://plumbs.com/acceptable-use-policy
California Do Not Track Disclosure
At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals.
California’s “Shine the Light” Law
California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) permits users of the Websites or App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com.
The Websites and App are intended for individuals located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and access the Websites or App, or submit your information to us, you do so at your own risk and choice. United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction. If you visit the Websites, use the App or contact us from outside of the United States, please be advised that (i) any information you provide to us or that we automatically collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States; and (ii) by using the Websites or App or submitting information to us, you explicitly authorize its transfer to and subsequent processing in the United States in accordance with this Policy and United States law.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Websites or through the App. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites or App.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page with a notice that the Policy has been updated on the Websites’ home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Websites and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
110 South Hartford Avenue, Suite 2507
Tulsa, OK 74120