You’ve got your sleeves rolled up and your power song cranked. It’s time to generate some leads. Use this lead generation checklist to help plan your campaign and make sure you’ve got all your ducks in a row.
Step 1: Campaign Goals
Establish your campaign goals to ensure the entire team is on the same page.
What type of lead are you collecting?
- Top of Funnel Lead (ToFU)
- Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL)
- Sales Qualified Lead (SQL)
What’s your target Cost Per Lead (CPL)?
Audience Size ________ x Estimated CTR__________ = Estimated Clicks
Estimated Clicks __________ x Estimated Click to Lead Conversion Rate = Estimated Total Number of Leads
Cost of Ad _________ / Estimated Total Number of Leads = Estimated CPL
Target CPL _______
Step 2: Develop a Promotional Plan
Next, determine how you’ll promote your campaign.
Start Date ___________
End Date ___________
Total Budget ___________
Marketing Channels You’ll Use
- Organic Social Media
- Paid Social Media Ads
- In-House Email
- Print Ads
- Google Ads
- Flyer for Reps
- 1:1 Emails for Reps
- Paid Media Partners (list them):___________________________
- Other (list them):___________________________
Step 3: Campaign Infrastructure Setup
Now, set up the infrastructure you’ll need to collect and track leads by tactic.
- MQL data, list all criteria_____________________________
- SQL data, list all criteria_____________________________
- Job title drop down
- Email address
- Phone number
- Meeting date preference
- Create separate forms for each promotional channel
- Check to make sure you have MQL or SQL questions based on goals above
- Check GDPR/opt-in language
- Include a way for prospect to select a preferred meeting date or self-book a meeting
- Set up form submission notifications
- Feed form submissions into CRM campaign
- Create separate landing pages for each promotional channel
- Embed the corresponding campaign forms on each landing page
- Focus on a single form and CTA
- Create separate emails for each promotional channel with the channel-specific landing page
- Share specific landing page links with media partners
- Set up CRM campaign
- Set up CRM campaign member statuses
Step 4: Internal Team Alignment
Finally, create and execute an internal communication plan to ensure your team is ready to respond to and convert your inbound leads.
- Identify who is getting the leads
- Decide how lead owner(s) will be notified
- Decide how lead owner(s) will follow up with the leads
- Create reports to fuel dashboards
- Create dashboards to visualize campaign performance
- Create a process document for the internal team
- Meet with the team to roll out the campaign
- Plan checkpoints throughout the campaign to review progress and identify any opportunities for optimization
Turn it up!
You’ve checked your list. You’ve even checked it twice! Time to get some leads and make your pipeline nice.